Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday - A la Mexicana


Plate of Mexican flavors brought over by the best neighbors on earth. White blomp is garlicky potato salad, brown blomp is refried beans, and green blomp is guacamole. I loved scooping the various blomps with the grilled tortillas and the slices of radish made for some nice added crunchiness. Of course the carne asada was scrumptious.

Carne asada literally means 'roasted meat' and it's made from thin cuts of beef then marinated and grilled. My neighbor Victor prepped this flank steak with some garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and spices. It's crazee-loco good man!

All the kids were drinking Bubba's so I had to have one too. Tastes like a tame version of Coke.


Victor at the grill video\

Well my friends, unless you live next door to Victor & Letti, then you won't have the privilege of eating their amazing food and hearing their crazy stories. I feel so blessed to be their neighbor... they keep me well fed with some of the best Mexican food I've ever had!


My plate of food video\

Sorry this vid's a bit stilted - I was trying to step around my other next door neighbor who was chatting on the phone, then that nice green onion slid off the plate onto her head.

1 comment:

  1. omg..that steak with lime&cilantro..never heard of such a thing but now i'm craving it & it's only 10 in the morning!
    ps. love vicor's tats..so badass!!

    ReplyDelete