Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chile Relleno - A Giant Pepper Popper

Here's my deep-fried reward for driving my neighbor to the supermarket. Chile Renello is super junky but so yummy. The Monterey Jack cheese oozing out of this battered and fried pepper mixes so nicely with the fried chili-rice and refried beans... hello heartburn!


Pile of peppers video\

Okay.. I've been spending a lot of time at home these past couple of days, so the extent of my food questing has been going to the supermarket with my neighbor Letti. These peppers aren't known to be spicy, but you still have to watch out for the odd one that might set your mouth on fire. Here Letti describes how to make Chile Relleno.



Supermarket tour video\

'You bag. You save.' is their motto at Superior Warehouse Grocer. I'm just tagging along while Letti shops in this clip. I love to see how other people fill their carts.

2 comments:

  1. omg that looks unbelievable. i must try one. i know it's deep-fried but apart from the batter that plate actually looks real healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this delicious Pepper creation? I will be right over!

    ReplyDelete