Thursday, January 29, 2009

Constant Quest for The Perfect Croissant


Um, what's up with all the ginormous puffed-out 'croissants' in LA?
Until I can move across the street from Stohrer's in Paris, I will always, always, be on the quest for a good croissant in North America. There is a lack here I must say.
All I want is a simple, humble, perfect croissant. The kind that has delicate crispy outer layers that turn into a soft and slightly chewy but very buttery warm inside... Omg I want one right now.
Here I found a Portuguese convenience store that carries fresh-baked bread-y croissants. Well okay, it's basically bread shaped like a crescent, but these guys are soft and slightly sweet and are pretty delightful dunked in your morning coffee... And they're only 45cents! Man, I love LA.
962 n. Vine street

No comments: