Thursday, January 29, 2009

1st Food Quest for Kogi Bbq - Total Bust!


Tonight I drove out to find the Kogi Bbq truck in Little Tokyo. There's been a lotta buzz about this magical mobile Korean/Mexican fusion food vehicle that travels around the city feeding LA's hoards of hungry hipsters. Apparently Elyjah Woods recently waited in line for a taco treat AND Jonathan Gold praised them in an LA Weekly write-up... I like the part about them being "The Justice League of Food... coming together to fight evil". The first time I heard of Kogibbq was from my sister who lives in Gatineau, Quebec. So I must try this food! It is my Quest (this week).
Anyway, the line-up wrapped half-way around the block and I was too scared to wait in line by myself (lame, I know). I could've stood in line like many others chatting on the cell stuck to their heads, but it all seemed kinda douchey. Tomorrow I will set out earlier when the truck stops in Silver Lake... and I will get you kogi bbq truck! I will get you!
www.kogibbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment